Thursday, October 3, 2013

Custom Orders Galore!

I haven't posted much on here yet but I've been very busy with custom order requests!  I love doing custom orders for people.  The collaboration and creating process is just fun.  I made this adorable baby hat for a friend who found a picture and wanted to know if I could make it.  I found the actual pattern and was able to make it up pretty quickly.  I love the interchangeable flowers.  I also HAD to make some for my girls as well :)
 I also had an order for this baby hooded sweater.  The pattern was more advanced than I'm used to so I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull it off or not, but I wanted to  try it and challenge myself.  It was more time consuming than most of my projects as well but I'm glad I did it, it turned out so sweet!
 I also got the opportunity to make the girl version!
This baby vest was another request that I was able to be creative with.  I finished the vest and it just seemed to SCREAM for a bow-tie :P
I made a color blocked infinity scarf a month or so ago and then I got a message from a customer that said, "hey, I love this scarf! could you make me one in VT colors?!" and I said sure thing! What a great idea to do a school color scarf!  I made her one in gray, red and orange and then she came back and ordered a second one with cream so she could alternate them :)
 And my latest custom order request was for this oatmeal colored bubble pillow...
 I love how these pillows turn out, so soft and an awesome texture.  I have many more custom orders waiting in the wings too but thankfully they're all from family members so I don't have a real deadline on them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment