Friday, August 30, 2013

My Creative Process...

 Recently I made this adorable little purse:
I thought the road that I took to get to that purse was pretty funny and quite the insight into the way my "creative process" works, and so I would share :)
I've been on a mission to try and use up my scrap yarn.  It you are a crochet-er you know what I mean but if not I will explain a little...  After every project you finish you are left with little bits of yarn like this:
That doesn't look so bad right?  Well, I just dump those little pieces in the trash, no big deal.  But that's not the only think you are left with at the end of a project... you are also left with a skein (or 2, or 3, or 4!) of yarn that is most likely not enough to make a second item with.  So you just stuff it in a bag with the other neglected 1/2 used skeins and try to forget about it.  Until your collection of neglected scrap yarn starts to get so large that you think it might attack you in the middle of the night.  I was getting to that point, so during the slow selling months of summer I have been trying to whittle away at my humungous scrap yarn pile.  First I made this giant Pouf out of the thick yarn I had been using for hats...
That was a fun project and my kids love laying on it and playing with it (mostly they just throw it at each other... they're very nice children :P)
I had a bunch of cotton yarn left over so I decided to make some washcloths for myself... and also a wax warmer mat:
Then I got the idea to make a bathroom rug...
My 5 year old thinks it is "so beautiful!", although I wasn't very happy with how it turned out and decided to try and make an oval shaped one instead...
but then part way through the oval rug I wasn't happy with how it was laying and so just finished off and gave it to my dog as a dog bowl mat...
Then I thought, that looked really cute and wanted to make a dog bone shaped mat for her and went on the good ol' internet to see if I could find a pattern.  Google wasn't much help and unfortunately all the ones I found on Pinterest the links didn't lead anywhere (don't you hate when that happens?!)  So I thought maybe I'd check YouTube for one, you can find a lot of patterns on YouTube, and while I was on there searching I came across this video for this adorable little bag.  It's the perfect scrap yarn project and the finished product is just so adorable.  My youngest daughter is so in love with it :)
So that's the story... it was quite a journey to get there but I made it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment